French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Dictionary / Vocabulary (234)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Translation

I recently had a delicious meal in a french restaurant. It was a deboned and rolled small game bird. I asked the chef when he came to our t…

Started by Mary Rogan

1 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Marc Vonhalmen

Curious Phrase

Hello everyone, Here's a phrase which if not dubious is curious ' les brebis galeuses', I would like to know the meaning please. I amworki…

Started by susan jones

7 Oct 19, 2009
Reply by susan jones

Help with meaning of "pend oreille"

Help please - is this an expression that has a common usage or a colloquial meaning?

Started by Richard Schaffner

0 Oct 19, 2009

TRAIN D'IRONIE

A long time ago when teenagers we use to tease a friend and one day he replied with an answer which left us amazed, he said VOTRE TRAIN D'I…

Started by adel

1 Oct 15, 2009
Reply by Frank

Dubious French Phrase

Hello, yes another one - I asked a French person, who has lived in England for many years, the French equivalent of 'Am I bovered' ( am I b…

Started by susan jones

4 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by adel

An Antique Word Form?

In working on an old tombstone, I find inscribed: [Name] etce [Name]. The context is of a father and mother of a dead child. The context cl…

Started by B. H. Rucker

0 Oct 10, 2009

help with translation

How do you best translate the expression "Bring them on" into french? I don't want to lose the cocky and tough ring of it.

Started by Captain Lune

4 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Captain Lune

The task at hand

I tried to use tâche a la main but have been informed this is wrong. How can this be expressed? I want to say "They are focused on the ta…

Started by Pamela Kingfisher

5 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Frank

To look forward

How does one translate 'to look forward' as in "I look forward to meeting you"? I can't find this in the dictionary.

Started by Paul Trautman

9 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by Pamela Kingfisher

Dubious words.

Maybe this one is for you Frank. I have been trying to find out the meaning of a couple of words, but my friend told me they were heavy sla…

Started by susan jones

7 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Frank

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service