French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Please would someone kindly check these sentences for errors?

Any native speakers or experts that could kindly correct the following sentences? They are written by a boy.

Cette semaine a lundi et mecredi je vais aller au athletisme de dix-huit heures trente j'usque vingt heures.

Je suis un membre d'un tennis et un club d'athletisme.

Je suis sportif et j'aime maintinir en forme.

J'aime faire du cyclism en particulier le VTT parce que c'est un defi et tres amusant.

J'ai un billet de saison aux (local team) et quand je ne peux pas aller, je regarde le rugby a la tele.

...parce que a mon avis c'est extremement enneyuex.

quelquefois je joue a la play station.

Thanks

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey,

"Cette semaine, le lundi et le mercredi, je vais aller faire de l'athlétisme de dix-huit heure trente à vingt heure.

Je suis membre d'un club de tennis et (d'un club ?) d'athlétisme.

Je suis sportif et j'aime me maintenir en forme.

J'aime faire du cyclisme et en particulier du VTT parce que c'est un défi très amusant.

J'ai un billet pour la saison à la local team et quand je ne peux pas y aller, je regarde le rugby à la télé.

... parce que c'est extremement ennuyeux à mon avis. ( ou: à mon avis, c'est parce que c'est extremement ennuyeux/ c'est parce qu'à mon avis c'est...)

quelques fois, je joue à la play station."

:)

Hi, that's excellent, are you French?!

Could you also correct this sentence for me?

Je suis assez interesse a devinir un triathlete.

Thank you

Yes, I'm french ^^

"Je suis plutôt intéressé par le métier de triathlète" / "J'aimerai bien devenir un triathèle"

Thank you Clemence,

What he wants to say is 'I am quite interested in becoming a triathlete'  Do the sentences you suggested cover that?

You help is very much appreciated!

there is no literal translation for your sentence but I think  "Je suis assez intéressé par le métier de triathlète/ Le métier de triathlète m'intéresse assez" is quite good.

but I'm not good enough in English to be sure there is no better translation...

Do you know what metier means in English?

Would the sentence 'J'aimerai bien devenir un triathlete' that you suggested before be good enough, he is only twelve and came up with all the sentences himself so I just wanted to help him make slight adjustments within his own knowledge level. Most importantly it's vital that he understands the language that he is going to use so that he will retain it.

I hope that you realise how helpful you've been!!! thank you so much

I think you can even say "J'aimerai bien devenir triathlete". You can remove the "un/une" when you speak of the job you want to do.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service