French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

George Hunt's Discussions (995)

Discussions Replied To (991) Replies Latest Activity

"I think that is right. However  ,to be willfully confusing , it is also possible to…"

George Hunt replied Apr 11, 2012 to Can someone help with venir, arriver, and rentrer?

4 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

"I think "venir" and " arriver" are the same as in English. Yes you can say "J'arrive…"

George Hunt replied Apr 10, 2012 to Can someone help with venir, arriver, and rentrer?

4 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

"I would be surprised if it was "very formal" . I don't feel confident  about using i…"

George Hunt replied Apr 8, 2012 to ainsi (que)

2 Apr 9, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

"To my mind "c'est pour ça que" seems to focus more on a particular (area of) cause a…"

George Hunt replied Apr 8, 2012 to "c'est pour ça que..." versus "c'est pourquoi..."

1 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

"J'ai très faim,soif, peur, honte   http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&…"

George Hunt replied Apr 8, 2012 to when NOT to use "beaucoup"

3 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by alan gould

""Il y a des objets qui sont soient  bc plus cher en France, soient très dur à trouve…"

George Hunt replied Apr 8, 2012 to "qui sont soient"

3 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Not quite sure what you mean (in English?) but I don't think so. There seem to be pl…"

George Hunt replied Apr 7, 2012 to the crêpe salée

7 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by alan gould

"For food in general the term is "savoury" . It also applies to pancakes. I think in…"

George Hunt replied Apr 7, 2012 to the crêpe salée

7 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by alan gould

"Vous avez raison. Merci beaucoup de pour (I think) vos corrigés corrections (I think…"

George Hunt replied Apr 6, 2012 to Qui pouvez me corriger ces phrases?

4 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Zhongjie Fan

"Je suis bon  m'y connais bien en construire dans la construction  des maisons. or  J…"

George Hunt replied Apr 6, 2012 to Qui pouvez me corriger ces phrases?

4 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Zhongjie Fan

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service