French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

George Hunt's Discussions (946)

Discussions Replied To (943) Replies Latest Activity

"There is also the expression "rendez-vous compte?" to mean "do you realise"? or "ima…"

George Hunt replied Aug 13 to se rendre usage ...

2 Aug 13
Reply by George Hunt

"If you change the order of phrases within the sentence then you change the overall m…"

George Hunt replied Jul 26 to word order

5 Aug 4
Reply by alan gould

""pas tellement" is "not a lot" "pas vraiment" is not really. Of course ,depending…"

George Hunt replied Jul 25 to "not really"

2 Aug 3
Reply by Chantal Savignat

"You can have the same structure in English. eg "He fell asleep ,being so tired" As…"

George Hunt replied Jul 25 to word order

5 Aug 4
Reply by alan gould

"Chantal ,would you say that food snobbery is common amongst the French? I had a cou…"

George Hunt replied May 29 to Faire la fine bouche devant qch

4 May 29

"Here is something I prepared earlier ;-) https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/fa…"

George Hunt replied May 29 to Faire la fine bouche devant qch

4 May 29

"Ok is completely French . I am not sure about "actions" but I would not expect  comp…"

George Hunt replied May 26 to I need help with translating these two words: "OK" and "Actions"

2 May 26

"I seem to remember the expression "a grands flots". Does that mean the same thing an…"

George Hunt replied May 13 to laver a grande l'eau

4 May 14

"Seems to be mainly used with "laver" although "nettoyer"  also works. It's "a grand…"

George Hunt replied May 11 to laver a grande l'eau

4 May 14

"Okay, this is the best I could come up with. Does this seem right? I am an agent fro…"

George Hunt replied May 5 to Can someone help me translate this?

5 May 5
Reply by Tim brtlnk

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2018   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service