French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Robert's Discussions (177)

Discussions Replied To (146) Replies Latest Activity

"There is a significant difference though: disait is "Imperfect", whereas dixit, unch…"

Robert replied Jan 3, 2016 to "dixit" versus "disait"

10 Mar 15, 2016
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Not so fast. As just 1 example, 'kill the light' in English has endless variations a…"

Robert replied Dec 23, 2015 to Start your car and start your computer

3 Dec 23, 2015
Reply by Robert

"Yes, only the 2nd one. d'habitude is an adverbial phrase (in your first sentence). I…"

Robert replied Dec 7, 2015 to "on n'est pas d'habitude de faire..." or "on n'a pas l'habitude de faire..."

1 Dec 7, 2015
Reply by Robert

"I notice Francophones tend to use the preposition "since" before a duration of time.…"

Robert replied Nov 12, 2015 to Linguistic inhibition

6 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Billy Bosworth

"'The' is used when the name is deemed not immediately recognizable to, or not expect…"

Robert replied Aug 31, 2015 to The Internet and sur Internet

7 Sep 23, 2015
Reply by Eon Karim

"Google's "you also come from the sky" seems to imply other unmentioned possibilities…"

Robert replied Jun 21, 2015 to tu and toi in the same sentence

3 Jun 22, 2015
Reply by Lefevre

"I suppose that's possible. I can only wish to see a large enough poll. Including min…"

Robert replied Jun 18, 2015 to Can languages be considered pleasant-sounding , the one more or less than another?

12 Oct 28, 2015
Reply by Yeli

"Thanks. I do like how he sounds from the YouTube clips I found. But I do not get him…"

Robert replied Jun 18, 2015 to Can languages be considered pleasant-sounding , the one more or less than another?

12 Oct 28, 2015
Reply by Yeli

"George, the way you put it, it sounds almost like you're saying 'soon again' sounds…"

Robert replied Jun 12, 2015 to Return to the place which I am going to visit

8 Jun 13, 2015
Reply by George Hunt

"Vedas, coucher is an avoir-verb. Why does Proust have it as être couché ? Thanks."

Robert replied May 31, 2015 to Using jusqu'à with perfect or imperfect past

13 May 31, 2015
Reply by Vedas

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service