French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Grammar (1,947)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mes amis

1. He is a friend of mine. 2. Il est un de mes amis. 3. She is a friend of mine. 4. Elle est une de mes amies How about the following? I…

Started by Crack1

8 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Frank

translation

The text is about the french resistance in wwii; the words are that of one of the resistants who has an important job with them; It begins…

Started by isabelle hayes

2 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Frank

In this sentence, is "c'est" necessary?

La dernière fois que j'ai fait les magasins, c'est, il y a 2 jours. .......

Started by Une

9 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by Une

translation

the text is a novel of the french resistance; the subject is the young people who were in hiding so as not to be sent to work in germany, a…

2 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by isabelle hayes

Pronunciation Question

I understand that in the first conjugation both the singular and plural of the third person are pronounced the same, despite the different…

Started by Brent

6 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by Brent

please help with french translation

Hi, Can someone please tell me how this quote, "to love and to be loved" is written in French? I have gotten a couple of different transla…

Started by alyssa

2 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by alyssa

french history

the character is thinking about the work of the resistance, and makes a reference to things going badly; there have been raids, traps, exec…

1 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by Frank

translation correction please

"Je veux, quant j'en aurais le loisir, tenir note quelque temps des faits que peut connaitre un homme place par les evenements a un bon pos…

2 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by Neil Coffey

Help! Extreme beginner

Some guy at work keeps telling me "Seigh le vi" when I refuse his advances. What does that mean? It might be spelled differently like "sa l…

Started by Sindiana

5 Aug 7, 2009
Reply by hubert clauzel

Book: The Piano Shop on the Left Bank

I have enjoyed this little book. Most comments in French are translated, but not the following: Please translate into English. Thank You!…

Started by Don M. Owen

1 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Frank

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service