French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

A technical designation for a French Legal represetative?

'Le contrôle judiciaire du joueur du PSG, Mladen Bojinovic, qui évoluait au MAHB la saison dernière, et de Jennifer Priez, compagne de Luka Karabatic, a également été levé par la cour.' Le Figaro 25.10.12

Plse anyone, quelle est 'Le contrôle judiciaire'?

Merci (explanation in Eng plse!)  

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apparently  these handball players  were not allowed any contact with their club as a result of  a court hearing on the 15th of the month. (the case seems to have involved match fixing)

These conditions have now been lifted on appeal ,it seems.

So perhaps 'Le contrôle judiciaire'  is "bail conditions"  or something similar  that would apply in the French Legal system.

In fact I think that it might apply to people who have been found guilty and are awaiting  sentencing (but I am quite unfamiliar with this area)

Ah!  Thnks so much George! 

Hi george,

I have found this in today's Telegraph, with ref to the assassination of the BP official in Bruxelles.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/9634530/Br...

'The Belgian prosecutor's office said last night that there was a "judicial instruction" from Martine Quintin, the investigating judge, that meant they could give no "explanation" and no detail about the killing.'

The Belgian and French judicial systems being so similar, I was wondering whether the earlier 'Le contrôle judiciaire' could be what you were referring to?

Just a thought.
The system does not seem to allow me to edit the last comment. What I meant to say was that is it possible that the Bruxelles 'judicial instruction' coule be what you were referring to and appeared in Le Figaro as 'contrôle judiciaire'?

I doubt  it is the same.The  Bruxelles example seems to be an instruction from the judge to the prosecuter whereas the earlier example applied to the accused (the handballers)  in the case.

The translation that springs (eventually) to mind is "control order" but I  would not be surprised if it wasn't the same thing.

I think in fact  that 'Le contrôle judiciaire'  may have different meanings and applications in the French Legal system-it is not really something I would relish getting my head around.

Merci!

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service