French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

I had to do a short essay on hobbies. My teacher marked it and gave me a C and told me to completely rewrite it. I I have no idea where I went wrong, could you please help translate, as all of my attempts when I use a dictionary are wrong in one way or another. Thanks if you help, if not then that's fine ill keep trying to translate it myself.

Essay:

When I have free time I enjoy to play a lot of different sports. My favourite sport is football as it is very interesting and exhilarating. Usually I play football in the park with my friends on the weekends, however this week we decided to play basketball instead which pleased me, as I have always been interested in it. My friends and I sometimes also go to the cinema, sometimes we watch horror films as these are the ones I enjoy watching most. My friends don't really like them however, and that's why we usually watch action films.

Another of my hobbies is visiting different museums and learning about other countries and traditions. Two weeks ago, my parents and I flew to france to visit the louvre. It was amazing! I loved all of the paintings and other works of art on display there, especially the Mona Lisa as it looked life-like. After we had visited the Louvre, my parents decided to go on a walk around Paris. We went to a lot of different monuments, notably the Eiffel Tower, and the Arc de Triomphe. I did not like going on the Eiffel Tower as it was raining at the time and you couldn't see anything! And the visit to the Arc de Triomphe was also dissappointing as there was not that much to see there.

Next year my parents and I plan to go to Paris and visit the Eiffel Tower again. Hopefully this time the weather will be better, and I will enjoy it more. We also plan to go to Disney Land as it has been one of the places I have wanted to go to for ages. I can't wait until we go there, as many of my friends who have been there told me about it. In the future I also hope to start up some new hobbies, such as golf or tennis as both seem quite interesting, and my teacher has recommended them for me.

Views: 3618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suggest you post  some of your attempt  to  do this essay.  

You can only learn from your own mistakes.

If you cannot see what is wrong with your own essay  then you will not see what is "right" with whatever I or anyone else  suggests to you instead.

If you show us your first attempt in French  then perhaps we may be able to help.

Translate in French ? I can, but I prefer correct your essay and show you where are your mistake...

A problem , a major one, with your essay is it starts out with hobbies, but ends up like a field trip report. If that's what's disliked by your teacher, no amount of Victor Hugo will help.

Could you post your actual French written essay? That's the only way to point out the mistake so that you don't make it again. I can better explain how to avoid and fix the problem if I see what was written.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service