French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Seeking Unusual French/English English/French Dictionary

While visiting a bookstore, I recently saw a dictionary in which French nouns were listed with the appropriate article.  For example, maison was listed under M as la maison, instead of the usual practice of listing the noun followed by m or f.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to buy it and when I returned later, the dictionary was gone.  I don't know the name of it, so the bookstore can't order it for me, and they didn't recognize it from the few details I was able to give.

Needle in a haystack stuff, I know, but has anyone else seen a dictionary where the nouns are listed with their articles?

I'd appreciate any help.

Al

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those who might be interested, I found the dictionary I saw earlier.  It's the Collins Gage Canadian Intermediate French Dictionary.

It uses Canadian French definitions, so it may not be useful to everyone.  What I like most about it is the way the nouns are listed, as I mentioned above.

If anyone knows of a dictionary with the same feature for France French, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Al

Is it a big dictionnary for adults ?

In French I already have seen a dictionnary with the articles, but it was a dictionnary for children so with light definitions.

Yes, both the one I have and the one I'm hoping to find are for adults.

Al

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service