French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Translation Help (414)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Idioms

This quote is from a turn-of-the-century fantasy about pirates coming across a city, where everyone and everything is in suspended animatio…

Started by Joanne Russo

12 Sep 30, 2014
Reply by George Hunt

French in our community

Bonjour, I am looking for the correct translation of "French in our community" in reference to students going out into the community to fi…

Started by Elsie Lucas

5 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Charles D

Translation help

Bonjour If I want to ask a friend (informally) the following, would this be the best way to do so?: Are you back in France? Tu es retour…

Started by Lilly

3 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Tymon Cameron

Austen translation

A character in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, asks "What are men to rocks and mountains?" (Volume II, Chapter 4). The question is proba…

Started by Shawn Normandin

4 Aug 9, 2014
Reply by Shawn Normandin

please help translate this

I found some pages on the web from an unfinished Tintin comic, titled: "Tintin et le thermozéro'' Tintin and Haddock are in Italie on a roa…

Started by Tim brtlnk

5 Jul 1, 2014
Reply by Vedas

Avoir beau infinitif

Apparently, the idiom is used in the verses below. May I see them as might be rendered en anglais? Merci beaucoup. On a beau faire on a be…

Started by Robert

1 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by George Hunt

Plz check on my paragraph

Hello, I have just begun studied french recently.  This is the paragraph I wrote about an interesting trip in the past tense. J'ai voyagé…

Started by Hop Pham

13 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Chantal Savignat

Lequel vs. Celui

Are these 2 sentences interchangeable? Il y a cinq témoins, lesquels témoins vont arriver demain. Il y a cinq témoins, ceux qui vont arriv…

Started by Robert

10 Jun 5, 2014

Help with a philosophical sentence please!

Hi everyone! I need to translate this : In this article, I respond to John Smith's criticisms of my arguments concerning the evidential wei…

Started by Rachael Barham

13 Jun 3, 2014
Reply by Robert

Translation of a 19th century Napoleonic era document

I am new to this site and am quite pleased to have found it. Over the years I have acquired a number of documents from the Napoleonic era…

Started by Rich Matason

10 Apr 26, 2014

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service