French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Grammar (1,947)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

basic French greetings

I am an English speaking African in West Africa and really want learn basic French starting with greetings for all times of the day and com…

Started by Maggie TIARA

1 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by Neil Coffey

'des' vs 'les'

I'm trying to grasp the situations in which one uses 'des' vs 'les'. I think 'des' is used for a more general meaning: Il achète des livre…

Started by Al Graham

5 Sep 18, 2009
Reply by Al Graham

Envier

Je n'ai pas envie, d'ailleurs il est trop tard. I am not envious though he is very slow. Have I translated the French sentence correctly i…

Started by Crack1

6 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Crack1

accent marks in a word

I need to know where the accent marks go in the word choucroute garni to make a write up a menu. Can anyone help?

Started by Linda Williamson

2 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Frank

To turn the wrong way??

Help! How do you say "he turned the wrong way" or "he took a wrong turn" in French? Thank you so much!

Started by Dana Kimberly

10 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Frank

D'ailleurs

Tu n'aimes pas l'opéra, et d'ailleurs l'interprétation n'était pas bonne. You don't like the opera and moreover the rendition was not so g…

Started by Crack1

4 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Frank

what is the sound of "oncle"

Is it different form /k/ sound for c

Started by Steve King

1 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Frank

translation

"Avec trois hommes j'ai commence a "detire-fonner" la voie (nos cles cette fois etaient bien enroulees de chiffons) en laissant en place qu…

Started by isabelle hayes

1 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Frank

News

Les informations de toute dernière heure. The very latest news. What is the French word for news? Whether you get news from TV or newspape…

Started by Crack1

5 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Frank

Sounding the 'l'

How does one decide how to pronounce a double 'l' in a French word. i.e What is the rule that decides whether it should it be like the 'l'…

Started by Jim Warby

5 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Jim Warby

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service