French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

vous pouvez m'aider pour trouver des informations sur french verb morphology {in English }s'il vous plait !

merci

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can type pretty much any French verb into the site's French verb conjugator (see green box on this page : http://www.french-linguistics.co.uk/grammar/ ) and get a list of the forms of that verb from the point of view of the spelling.

Did you need something more technical than that, and if so, can you give any more indication of what kind of information you're looking for?

je fais un reserch sur ( french verb morphology ) but need an informaiton from books or doc if u know tell me plz

If by 'morphology' you mean verbs conjugated in all their forms, Baron's Educational Series, Inc. published a very helpful book simply titles "501 French Verbs."  Most good bookstores stock it in their "Foreign Language" sections where the dictionaries are.  I have the second edition (that's how old I am) and it has helped me a great deal in learning the tenses and idiomatic expressions.

I reviewed 501 French Verbs a little while ago and the only thing I'd say is that this depends a bit on your perspective. It's a good book for certain styles of learning.

The thing it doesn't encourage you to do is be analytical and "see the wood for the trees". Rather, it presents as being "separate entities" a huge number of verbs that actually work in precisely the same way. This won't suit more analytical learners.

It also contains a section on pronunciation which pretty much breaks records in the number of factually nonsense statements it achieves per square centimetre of paper. On the other hand, you can just tear this section out and concentrate on the verb conjugations-- I'm not quite sure what it's doing there in the first place.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service