French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

bonjour!

I'm working on an audio thing for my class and I was wondering if someone could help me out with the following:

-How do you conjugate with adverbs?

-What are some words I would use to express periods or durations of time (ie, like pendent, temps-en-temps, etc.)?

-What are some words that express things that are done often, rarely, etc.? How would I conjugate those in the negative?

If someone could help me out, that'd be great!

Merci beaucoup!

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Marguerite,

- What do you mean, conjugate with adverbs ?

- Can you give examples of words you want translated ?

- And :

Jamais (never), rarement (rarely), de temps en temps (sometimes), souvent (often), régulièrement (regularly), tout le temps (all the time), toujours (always)

As Ed says, the notion of "conjugating adverbs" isn't clear.

The word conjugate is usually used to refer to the process of combining a verb with relevant endings (e.g. the -s in "takes"), auxiliary verbs (the "have" in "have eaten") etc.

Other types of word can also change their form, e.g. nouns and adjectives can have feminine and plural forms. The word decline is usually used to refer to these kinds of changes.

On the other hand, adverbs (practically) always have a fixed form.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service