French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Hi,

My wife and I are setting off for a holiday in France and once again are shocked at how little we can speak, after many holidays there.

We always try to speak our very limited French whilst there, but are fearful of the rapid and incomprehensible replies, the meaning of which we can usually figure out about 3 hours later!

Just thought it would be a good idea to have a 'catch all' phrase to introduce early into our reply/ question, along the lines of :

' I'm sorry but my French is really limited, so please bear with me if I can't fully understand you.'

Anyone have any ideas ( in French ) for the above or something similar.

Thanks 

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Je m'excuse, mais je ne parle pas bien le français. Je vous comprendrai peut-être pas completement.

If I may just correct this phrase :

"Je m'excuse, mais je ne parle pas bien français. Je ne vous comprendrai peut-être pas complètement"

Thanks for that - should help us!
Thanks Gloomy. The principle of the Program looks as though it should work and it appeals to me as a shortcut!

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service