French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Hi 

I am working on an AP free response sample test. I included the link below. Can someone help me with questions 1-10? 

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/repository/ap10_french...

(Also attached)

Thanks!!

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1 - Demain les Rolling Stones sont attendus  au Stade de France : when you translate "at the" in french, you contract it; "à le" becomes "au"

2 - pour un concert exceptionnel : same as english "for a show"

3 - Plus de cent mille personnes : this one is tricky. I think when you use "plus" for something that is countable, you use "de" after. If you don't speak of quantity but in quality, you say "plus que"

4 - I think this one can be "cent mille personnes environ" but I'm not sure at all

5 - "un temps agréable qui devrait enchanter tout le monde"

6 - "Ma copine Sophie qui vit à Montréal" : translation of "who lives in"

7 - "un mail dans lequel elle me raconte" : you use "lequel/laquelle/lesquels" to refer to something you spoke of previously

8 - "C'est une fille extraordinaire" : here is a difference with english. In english you say "She is a extraordinary girl", but in french you use an anonymous form to introduce the phrase. C'est can generally be translated by "it is"

9 - "qui fait  beaucoup de choses" 

10 - "je vais vous en raconter" : "en" refers to the "choses intéressantes et bizarres" from the previous phrase.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service