French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

How do I say in french "your laughter and smile make this world a better place"

Keeping in mind that this is said to Kids not to lover.  I  just couldn't figure out how to say it.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, it can be translated by : ton rire et ton sourire rendent ce monde meilleur, but i don't see anyone saying that in everyday life.

Merci encore Ed.  Well, when you talk to your little niece or nephew about 2 to 3 years old but I do think that sometimes things are lost in the translation.

Perhaps french don't say things like that or they say something similar  so you cannot just translated it from english. Since the translation sounds a little strange to me I will not use it.

When I studied japanese I realised that there are quite a lot of things the Japanese don't say  or they have some of those expressions that they always  never fail to use and the English don't use them at all. So there is a cultural gap there and translation will not help much in those cases.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service