French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Hi ,

I am actually an indian and i love to learn french and thats why i joined alliance Francaise in india. I am doing my second level now but i am really finding it tough to frame sentences,, Can someone tell me how can i learn it.......

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'framing' a sentence, but I assume you mean sentence structure. In that case, I'll share something that has really helped me with know where to put things- first, with object pronouns in the passe compose, sentence structure goes usually like this: subject + (ne- if negative) + (object pronoun) + auxiliary + (pas) + past participle + (long adverb)
Also, knowing where to put adjectives is difficult too. The commonly used acronym BAGS might help. (If you already know this, then good for you!) This stands for Beauty, Age, Goodness, and Size. Any adjective having to do with those categories comes before the noun it modifies. Most adjectives follow the modified nouns.
The best way to learn how to form sentences is reading simple French. A really complicated modern novel won't help (other than to confuse you), but you'd be surprised at how well you can formulate sentences after reading even a children's book.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Thank you .
hey i am also an indian and even i had done A1 course in french from alliance français de delhi wehn i ws in india.nd i used to had the same problem.now i am in france and my knoweledge in framing sentences has improved a lot!!u jst clear your grammatics nd simply go through ur books.trynna talk nd listen to french songs!slowly nd slowly u will overcm ur problem!
Thank you so much.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service