French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

I am writing a cover letter to go on an exchange program with my university (I am French and I am applying for the US).

1) I am having some trouble to translate "enseignement d'excellence".
 My try: "Academic excellence" (or "Academics excellence")

But I am not sure that it is a good translation. If it is not, what does "Academic excellence" mean?

2) I am also having trouble to translate "c'est (sous-entendu "un pays") à des années lumières de la France"
My try: It is light years away from France.

Thank you for any answer :-)

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Number 1) would be roughly translated Academic Excellence, but that is very good and will work wonderfully on an application. I'm not sure sure what you are asking for with what does Academic excellence mean- do you mean in French? or just the definition in English?
Number 2) I'm not very sure on that one, but it sounds alright to me! (I hope someone else can answer that question)
1/ Indeed I think that Academic Excellence sounds great. That's why I wanted to know what the French translation is, or what the English definition is. Either will be ok :-D
Thank you for your answer Lynn :-D

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service