French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Can someone help to translate "poupe de sire poupe de son" I found wax doll in English but can't make out the whole meaning.

Also this: Comme si de rien n'etait. thanks. I have yet to figure out the french keyboard.

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carla,

It means "Doll of wax, doll of sawdust". She feels like a doll, but not like a fashion doll.
That's very interesting. thanks
Ok the first one is spelled Poupee de Cire, and the word son in french means sound so not sure what you were trying to spell if you want to say just wax doll then its Poupee de Cire.
the next part means "like if nothing were...."you can't translate literally but that is the jist of it.
Cindy
Poupee de Cire is an old song I heard on You tube, unfortunately I can't understand the rest of it. Years ago I spent time in France 2 months the first time and 2 weeks the 2nd time, but never got around to learn the language, though I remember many words and phrases. I decided that once and for all I will learn to speak it at least at the basic level. thank you for replying.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service