French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Charles D's Discussions (159)

Discussions Replied To (156) Replies Latest Activity

"I am not a native French speaker, but I am a native English speaker.  You are trying…"

Charles D replied Jan 14, 2014 to encore un tatouage--"always look forward"

10 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Vedas

"No, "to be on the pull" is not used in the US (I don't know about Canada, with its t…"

Charles D replied Dec 26, 2013 to Faux Amis

94 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by Charles D

"I typed incorrectly, George.  I meant "cuissons" but wrote "caissons", which I must…"

Charles D replied Dec 4, 2013 to Seeking help on translation

3 Dec 4, 2013
Reply by Charles D

"Je suis d'accord.  Absolument.  Vive la page!"

Charles D replied Dec 3, 2013 to Refer monolingual(french to french) or bilingual (french to english)

6 Dec 3, 2013
Reply by Charles D

"In the beginning a French-English dictionary was an enormous help.  After all, one w…"

Charles D replied Dec 3, 2013 to Refer monolingual(french to french) or bilingual (french to english)

6 Dec 3, 2013
Reply by Charles D

"First, cuisine is already a French word and means the same thing in English, with th…"

Charles D replied Dec 3, 2013 to Seeking help on translation

3 Dec 4, 2013
Reply by Charles D

"Merci, Chantal.  La and 2 n's."

Charles D replied Nov 26, 2013 to What is the proper way to say "Token" or "Tokens" is french?

12 Dec 7, 2013
Reply by Parmiss Aryan

"Wouldn't it be more like….. le jeton = the token les jetons = the tokens des jeton…"

Charles D replied Nov 26, 2013 to What is the proper way to say "Token" or "Tokens" is french?

12 Dec 7, 2013
Reply by Parmiss Aryan

"Now that I see it again and said it out loud a few times, I believe a better choice…"

Charles D replied Nov 20, 2013 to Passé surcomposé

7 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by michael rivers

"Wouldn't the nuance be the same as the English "when I had finished the book, I left…"

Charles D replied Nov 20, 2013 to Passé surcomposé

7 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by michael rivers

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service