French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Chantal Savignat's Discussions (475)

Discussions Replied To (473) Replies Latest Activity

"Thank you very much George. English is difficult ;-)"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 16, 2013 to Understanding gender with direct object pronoun

8 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by Sean P

"I think there are many cases. - The writer wants to be clear, and says 'la fille que…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 16, 2013 to Understanding gender with direct object pronoun

8 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by Sean P

"Hello Nothing changes in the verb 'aime' depending on whether it's masculine or fem…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 15, 2013 to Understanding gender with direct object pronoun

8 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by Sean P

"I just heard an episode of Castle, a tv series, in English. I thought of you. A man…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 10, 2013 to slang help

6 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Joby

"Louloute, no, it's really cute for a little girl, not really slang, a bit "pet name"…"

6 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Joby

"1)    loulotte NO ;-)  first it's louloute, with 2 sounds "'ou". and it's more used…"

6 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Joby

"In fact, in reality, in France, we never use "étatiser", but we used to hear "nation…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 10, 2013 to étatiser versus nationaliser

2 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Chantal Savignat

"yes I am familiar with : - "gober les huitres" and "gober un oeuf" to mean "to swall…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 8, 2013 to "gober" informal for "supporter"

7 Feb 8, 2013
Reply by George Hunt

"ok, now I understand "supporter" in this meaning. "it's nor really the meaning of "g…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 7, 2013 to "gober" informal for "supporter"

7 Feb 8, 2013
Reply by George Hunt

"Hello "gober" =  "supporter" ?   No Sorry but I am not sure about "to be able to st…"

Chantal Savignat replied Feb 7, 2013 to "gober" informal for "supporter"

7 Feb 8, 2013
Reply by George Hunt

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service