French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

alan gould's Discussions (500)

Discussions Replied To (223) Replies Latest Activity

"I just googled it and none of the explanations restricted its use to writing.  I fou…"

alan gould replied Feb 24, 2013 to Help knowing when to use passe compose or imparfait tense?

15 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"It's possible that "etre" is used in the imperfect in speech whereas the imperfect i…"

alan gould replied Feb 24, 2013 to Help knowing when to use passe compose or imparfait tense?

15 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"there's "news in slow French" podcasts.  this helps and they even stop at points to…"

alan gould replied Feb 23, 2013 to Aidez-moi en formant les oreilles, SVP

7 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"I studied Italian for a year only but I found the idioms and grammar to always line…"

alan gould replied Feb 23, 2013 to j'ai froid, je suis fatigué

4 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"I'll add my two cents about understanding when to use which tense and then I have a…"

alan gould replied Feb 23, 2013 to Help knowing when to use passe compose or imparfait tense?

15 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"I saw the word in “mot du jour.”  what they have is the following:   Il faut gober l…"

alan gould replied Feb 8, 2013 to "gober" informal for "supporter"

7 Feb 8, 2013
Reply by George Hunt

"I looked for "la rencontre" and got the example I gave you.  They gave a poor transl…"

alan gould replied Feb 2, 2013 to faire la rencontre

7 Feb 2, 2013
Reply by Neil Coffey

"You'll hear just as frequently "I ran into X today."  I'm assuming you know what "to…"

alan gould replied Feb 2, 2013 to faire la rencontre

7 Feb 2, 2013
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Very helpful. Thanks kindly.   In the spirit of being helpful rather than critical,…"

alan gould replied Jan 2, 2013 to une pile, un tas

4 Jan 4, 2013
Reply by George Hunt

"My French has improved greatly just from the internet and since you've found this si…"

alan gould replied Aug 16, 2012 to Can I Learn Proper French in Quebec?

16 Aug 21, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service