French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Dictionary / Vocabulary (234)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help!! Please..

Hi,everyone.I'm translating one book in French and I have some difficulties,so I was wondering if someone could help me with the translatio…

Started by Radostt

2 Aug 28, 2010
Reply by Radostt

phrase used by Isaiah Berlin in "Hedgehog nad the Fox"...essay on Totstoy

what does the  word "bourreau" mean in the phrase "l'ami du bourreau" mean?   Thanks for assist.

Started by thomas r griffin

2 Aug 16, 2010
Reply by thomas r griffin

Deciphering French handwriting with translation

I recently found an old (1936) postcard with a message that I can't decipher well enough to translate. The parts that I can decipher are a…

Started by Ann Milne

2 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by freebird

Brass and Copper

I have recently discovered that, in several European languages including French, the same word is used for both Brass ( which, of course is…

Started by M Mcglashan

2 Jul 29, 2010
Reply by M Mcglashan

Some translation help needed!

Hi all,   I am looking to translate the phrase 'assume nothing' into French. Its difficult, because I am referring to assume as in; to thin…

Started by Courtney Hogan

0 Jun 28, 2010

le pain de la grace

Hello, Could someone please give the translatiion for the above? Thanks   Sue Jones

Started by susan jones

0 Jun 18, 2010

Pronunciation of -ent on ends of verbs

devraientDoes one pronounce the last syllable: -ent?    I wish I could remember !   Thnks

Started by Pete Laubscher

4 Jun 2, 2010
Reply by Brian Harris

Translation help

My name is Mohammad Iqbal Hossain. I live at Baizid Bostami in Chittagong. I live with my family. I am married and I have two child. One is…

Started by Mohammad Iqbal Hossain

0 May 28, 2010

Adapted books

Please, advise me the name of publisher or series, for graded readers, something like oxford bookworms library, but for French language. I…

Started by holden321

0 May 16, 2010

french sales - 'was' and 'now'

I wonder if anyone can help.... I am doing a French translation and need to know how they say 'was' and 'now' referring to sales in shops,…

Started by Laura Pinches

0 Apr 23, 2010

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service