French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

does this sentence make sense? a kid learning french needs some help

I'm doing a project for one of my french classes and I'm still having trouble constructing logical sentences.  Could anyone tell me if the following sentence makes sense? 

Ils pensent que c’est impossible faisaient un film aparté de parti pris artistique.

My project is over cinéma vérité and the sentence I'm trying to write should say something like:

They (critics of cinéma vérité) think it's impossible to make a film without artistic bias.

Thank you for your time!

I hope I put this in the right category.

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi!

You have just two mistakes in your sentence :

1 - Ils pensent que c'est impossible de faire : you need infinitive after using another verb. Here you say "c'est" so "faire" should be use with infinitive.

2 - un film sans parti pris artistique : the translation of without is quite simple actually, "sans" is enought. "Aparté" is a noun (maybe it can be something else I'm not totally sure) which means that you talk to someone without somebody else to here you.

Hope that helped you

It's more like.. 

- Ils pensent que c'est impossible de/qu'il est impossible de faire/réaliser un film sans "artistic bias" (I'm sorry, I did'nt find the real meaning of "bias" in french)

Merci beaucoup!

The help is very much appreciated.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service