Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.
Young people (and now their parents) use a lot of "verlan" words (verlan is "l'envers" pronounced backwards: reverse > versere).
- C'est chelou > c'est louche (it's strange)
- Un renoi > un noir (a black man)
Sometimes, the process is rather approximate :
- Les keufs > les flics (the cops)
- Un feuj > Un juif (A jew)
There's also in some rare cases, the verlan verlan: the verlan word is again pronounced backwards, an so comes close to it's original form:
- Un rebeu > Un beur > Un arabe
Other frequent verlan words are "véner" (énervé) and "meuf" (femme)...