French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Hi everyone!

I need to translate this :

In this article, I respond to John Smith's criticisms of my arguments concerning the evidential weight events best explained as miracles provide for theism.

So far I have this:

Dans cet article, je réponds aux critiques de John Smith de mes arguments à propos de la force probante fournie au théisme par les évènements qui s’expliquent mieux comme des miracles.

It's mostly the unwieldy nature of the French that I don't like (although the English is also a little unwieldy!). ;-) I don't like the two 'de' in italics - though maybe that's OK? - and I'm also wondering if there are ways I'm not seeing to make it neater and easier to follow.

Any thoughts very welcome! Thank you!!

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The English version presumes a conclusion ("...best explained...") where it should merely introduce a thesis:
my arguments concerning the evidential weight events best explained as miracles provide for theism.

To introduce and idea, as different from jumping to a conclusion, it should run somewhat like this:
my arguments concerning how the evidential weight events might best be explained as consequence of theistic miracles.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service