French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

She rests her pearly head amongst a dome shaped turquoise, velvet, eternal pillow, dotted with the bright twinklings of many a lovelorn corsair, who dare to set sail within those soft, melancholic eyes.

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Guy! I'll love to help you for your translation but my English isn't that good and alas I'm not sure I understand the meaning of your poem. But it sounds very good in English so I'm sure she'll love it anyway! Ask to someone bilingual and maybe this person will be able to give you a good and tidy translation...

Cheers and good luck!! :)
Yeah Cheers.
Youre english aint that bad! {snigger} You fraud!
Travel france with three words in your purse "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite" and you may just discover the trueness of her beauty!
Oh thanks! :) well maybe it ain't that bad but it ain't that good neither :P proof is I haven't understood your poem :(
If you come to France with those only 3 words you may be a bit disappointed ^^ there is probably more freedom and tolerance in England than in France. Anyway this is still a nice motto, very utopian though...

Cheers from Paris :)
Hi Izzy,
It saddens me to hear that, our two countries a very similar, we admire you and long to have you're strength and conviction! When a frenchman say's no! He means it! A englishman on the other hand...would say no...but could mean yes! We have lost our way as a country! I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!
You still have you're village way of life, that you must defend!!! Ours sadly no longer remains! But that is a sign of things to come!
Vive le France....and ditch Sarkozy! You need a true countryman....like Hugo!
Bonne chance!
Yeah well I think that most English don't admire French at all lol but I'm glad you do! Although, I'm sure that strong and convicted people can be find in every country. Maybe English are just a bit shyer. But like you said the grass in always greener on the other side of the fence! You know it's funny because the French translation for this is nearly the same: "l'herbe est toujours plus verte chez le voisin", which is quite unusual. Anyway vive la France et vive l'Angleterre!

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service