French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

All Discussions Tagged 'French' (56)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you say this in French... :)

Hi, please could somebody tell me how to say this in French, I really need help on my homework...   "Unfortunately, it's very expensive, es…

Started by Ben Thornley

1 Apr 2, 2011
Reply by Ed la mouette

New items added to French grammar section

Readers may be interested in a few new pages that have been added to the French grammar section of the web site. These sections deal with h…

Started by Neil Coffey

1 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by c noel

Help with an Old French Translation!! " à la sainte terre "

This phrase is from the essay written by Henry David Thoreau entitled "Walking"  He uses it in this manner:  I have met with but one or two…

Started by full name

1 Feb 28, 2011
Reply by Erwan

How to say to "conjugated verb" then "regular verb" again? Please fix my mistakes.

Pour exemple, je dirais dans ma papier."J'ai à passer l'aspirateur tout les jours" - I have to vacuum every day.Also.. how would you say "I…

Started by Michael Le

6 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Neil Coffey

What's your bête noire of French grammar?

Dear all, I'm looking to expand the site's French grammar section so am looking for suggestions of new topics to include. So in a nutshell…

Started by Neil Coffey

87 Feb 6, 2011
Reply by Peter Jones

French and Visual Learning

I consider myself largely a visual learner and was wondering if there were any tools available to help me in that respect.

Started by DRMPlato

7 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by Neil Coffey

Past Participle Agreement - Question?

Hello! I have a question - I have been looking around, but I can't find the right information so far. I was wondering if you could help me.…

Started by Caroline

5 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Will Sheard

French legal system

what is the correct term for the judge in French Law who decides whether a case can be brought. is it Juge d'Instruction or Juge de la Repu…

Started by Joannah Yacoub

0 Aug 26, 2010

French learners' survey

As mentioned on the main French dictionary page, there is a French learners' survey running on the site at the moment.The survey is complet…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Jul 6, 2010

Translation of 'talk to you soon/later'

How would you say: 'talk to you soon' and 'talk to you later'?

Started by Anita Haven

1 Jan 26, 2010
Reply by Frank

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service