French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Jean Dervin's Discussions (67)

Discussions Replied To (53) Replies Latest Activity

"Interesting.  I can understand anyone not wanting to start a German sentence unless…"

Jean Dervin replied Nov 4, 2015 to Linguistic inhibition

6 Nov 12, 2015
Reply by Billy Bosworth

"The present subjunctive is "paraisse", surely. The so-called "pleonastic" 'ne' often…"

Jean Dervin replied Nov 4, 2015 to n'est pas si facile qu'il n'y paraît

10 Dec 9, 2015
Reply by George Hunt

"Just for the record, the email was written personally by a friend, who happens (like…"

Jean Dervin replied May 12, 2015 to Pluralising Noun + Noun compound ["date butoir"]

9 May 12, 2015
Reply by Jean Dervin

"No.  My question was which is to be preferred, not which is "correct".  While I don'…"

Jean Dervin replied May 12, 2015 to Pluralising Noun + Noun compound ["date butoir"]

9 May 12, 2015
Reply by Jean Dervin

"Yes - I am aware of the usual "rules".  You are very categorical in your statement a…"

Jean Dervin replied May 10, 2015 to Pluralising Noun + Noun compound ["date butoir"]

9 May 12, 2015
Reply by Jean Dervin

"Interesting that Neil Coffey said two years ago that the alleged difference in pronu…"

Jean Dervin replied Sep 25, 2014 to lavez l'avez

15 Oct 17, 2014
Reply by Neil Coffey

"I meant, of course, that the "m[e]" in the original sentence was an indirect object.…"

Jean Dervin replied Jul 6, 2014 to Diagnosis

19 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Sandra

"Surely it's an indirect object.  On lui a diagnostiqué un cancer."

Jean Dervin replied Jul 5, 2014 to Diagnosis

19 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Sandra

"It is interesting that the OED online version, which states that the entry for "diag…"

Jean Dervin replied Jul 5, 2014 to Diagnosis

19 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Sandra

"You can find a lot of bad English and bad French by googling.  I repeat that "I was…"

Jean Dervin replied Jul 4, 2014 to Diagnosis

19 Jan 23, 2015
Reply by Sandra

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service