French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Neil Coffey's Discussions (1,456)

Discussions Replied To (1394) Replies Latest Activity

"There are a number of interesting points here that I think are worth expanding on. B…"

Neil Coffey replied Jun 9, 2013 to Use of empêcher

4 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Tryphon Tournesol

"In this specific case, this is essentially a literary construction. In everyday use,…"

Neil Coffey replied Jun 8, 2013 to Times when the definite/partitive article isn't used.

2 Jun 8, 2013
Reply by Tryphon Tournesol

"The major monolingual dictionaries are the larger editions of Larousse and Robert, e…"

Neil Coffey replied Jun 6, 2013 to Usage guide that compares/contrasts with Spanish?

7 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Incidentally, another very common (in many instances, the most common) way of asking…"

Neil Coffey replied Jun 5, 2013 to Inversion vs. "...est-ce que..."

2 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Hi Bill -- in case it's of any use, I've attached a very general overview that I pre…"

Neil Coffey replied Jun 3, 2013 to Usage guide that compares/contrasts with Spanish?

7 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Hi George -- that's a very interesting question. So, firstly it is true that in e.g…"

Neil Coffey replied May 30, 2013 to

just now

"Hi George/Devas -- Re "fut fait", remember that there are essentially 2 types of us…"

Neil Coffey replied May 30, 2013 to

just now

"Hi Alan -- the use you mention is fine, I think, though I suspect des dispositions p…"

Neil Coffey replied May 29, 2013 to la disposition

2 May 29, 2013
Reply by Vedas

"It does seem to me that you're falling into the Style Guide Writer's Fallacy of (a)…"

Neil Coffey replied May 29, 2013 to Pedantic?

7 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Bill Braskey

"So, you can indeed turn it round in French (e.g. "Sur les deux patients atteints...,…"

Neil Coffey replied May 28, 2013 to Pedantic?

7 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Bill Braskey

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service