French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Robert's Discussions (177)

Discussions Replied To (146) Replies Latest Activity

"Suppose I modify it just for the purpose of the original question above, is the foll…"

Robert replied Feb 20, 2014 to Existent les accords avec "qui" en passe compose avec l'auxiliare avoir?

15 Feb 23, 2014
Reply by Chantal Savignat

"Les humoristes qui ont présenté... That's the correct form because following avoir,…"

Robert replied Feb 20, 2014 to Existent les accords avec "qui" en passe compose avec l'auxiliare avoir?

15 Feb 23, 2014
Reply by Chantal Savignat

"My lamentable habit to hark back to English when trying to understand French! But ,…"

Robert replied Feb 14, 2014 to Plus-que-parfait and confusion

4 Feb 14, 2014
Reply by Kaushal Pandey

"It is 'last,' 'sustain oneself.' There is this in a news story about a French famil…"

Robert replied Feb 14, 2014 to Demain, dès l’aube, à l’heure

7 Feb 14, 2014
Reply by Vedas

"Merci beaucoup. I guess in most cases, the best English equivalency won't even ment…"

Robert replied Feb 10, 2014 to Demain, dès l’aube, à l’heure

7 Feb 14, 2014
Reply by Vedas

"I shouldn't have said the sentence was same as 'On ne peut pas,' rather that it's no…"

Robert replied Feb 5, 2014 to the meaning of "livre de pain d'épice"

19 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Robert

"That sentence has only an auxiliary verb, 'peut,' and an adverbial phrase, so it doe…"

Robert replied Feb 5, 2014 to the meaning of "livre de pain d'épice"

19 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Robert

"That's what I thought too - 'can not help doing...' But the way Chantal breaks up th…"

Robert replied Feb 4, 2014 to the meaning of "livre de pain d'épice"

19 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Robert

"Excuse this detour- Is "On ne peut sans en être ..." a common pattern? Can you say…"

Robert replied Feb 4, 2014 to the meaning of "livre de pain d'épice"

19 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Robert

"It is the same with 'every other week' -no implied duration. If you want to be clear…"

Robert replied Feb 3, 2014 to Ma chambre, can someone check my work?

17 Feb 3, 2014
Reply by Robert

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service