French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Translation Help (414)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

1953 handwriting on photo

I'm trying to interpret the 20 or so French words on the back of a deceased in-law's photo, apparently from Nice in 1953. Because I don't…

Started by bland328

3 Nov 8, 2012
Reply by Jan Loose

A thumbs-up or thumbs-down sentence?

I would appreciate a little nudge with the following sentence that, to me, reads ambiguously (i.e., is this a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down?)…

Started by William F. von Valtier

9 Nov 6, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

better the devil you know

Does anyone know of an idiomatic expression which would be equivalent to the English expression 'better the devil you know (than the one yo…

Started by Joyce Swait

4 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

Help with French

Hello, everyone!   I'm writing a paper on a certain director and would like to include a quote from one of his films, which is in French. T…

Started by Iskra Novak

2 Oct 9, 2012
Reply by Iskra Novak

Need some help French > English

Hi there, I am a french student, and I am looking for someone who could help me to correct an e-mail. I do not know any english person who…

Started by Jérôme X

7 Oct 2, 2012
Reply by Jérôme X

Clarification needed, SVP (Word for religious services)

For Catholic worship services "la messe"  is used,  but what are the terms for the Protestant, Jewish and Muslim worship services?  Un gran…

Started by Michele Morin

11 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by carolgreen

translate the phrase, help please

It is necessary to translate the phrase "The General. Heritage of Russia" (or maybe: "General. Legacy of Russia"), source in the Russian: "…

Started by Alexander

2 Aug 12, 2012
Reply by Alexander

Please Translate.

Hi there, Please, help in translating the following text in French/Spanish/Italian/Romanian. "It’s nice to have you here. " -> Respect…

Started by sunny

3 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by Salah

want help regarding translation

i have a cv which i need to get translated from english to french but it must be done in aprofessional manner if anyone having sufficient…

Started by Sp.chemenger

1 Jul 15, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

I'd be really grateful for some translation help...

Hello! (Bonjour!)I'm currently working on a major music project that will include a French titled track (it's an English language based pro…

Started by Sean P

13 Jul 9, 2012
Reply by Christine

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service