French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Dictionary / Vocabulary (234)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why is the word "noisette" used on this occasion?

A friend of mine works for a French guy in Paris. Every time he pays her the weekly salary, he says "noisette" (it may be some other word,…

Started by Natalija

2 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Natalija

Faire les courses- Charcuterie

so we have to go on carrefour.fr and take one of the categories and all its sub categories and define them except i cant find the definitio…

Started by Katie Mitchell

4 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by jorge che

connaissance

Hi folks, With such knowledge I can talk about weather and greetings without much difficulty Avec une telle connaissance je peux parler d…

Started by Stephen Liu

21 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by marc vicogne

"I speak a little French but with many mistakes"

How do you say "I speak a little French but with many mistakes" in French?

Started by Nobody Atall

2 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Vicky

gabians

looking for the meaning of word found in today's Midi Libre " gabians"  as in "Depuis huit jours, gabians et rats ont bien mange ont bien b…

Started by David Hughes

1 Oct 27, 2010
Reply by David Hughes

specialite

S'il vous plaît me répondre,Je dois  remplir un formulaire d'enregistrement du produit, il veut savoir si "la spécialité and excipients" so…

Started by Tatyana Dobreva

0 Oct 20, 2010

ravi/ravie

Bonjour! Mon premiere fois ici. Je suis un beginner.   Je voudrais savoir s'il vous plait, le significat d'une phrase que une belle, tr…

Started by daniele

6 Oct 2, 2010
Reply by Philippe nguyen-duc

What do these mean?

I'm learning French and need help with these words or linking terms whatever they are called. There is qu'il = that he or that it in englis…

Started by Danielle M

3 Oct 1, 2010
Reply by Danielle M

le mot incunable dans le roman de M Barbery

I did not understand the import of this item when it was announced to the concierge! It seems to be the contents of a fragile package.

Started by Lewis Kirshner

1 Sep 8, 2010
Reply by stu harris

Need pronounciation guide

1. differe'nte (e with an accent)- do you pronounce the "t"?2. mode (trend) - monde (world)- do you pronounce the "d"?3. noix (nut) - noir…

Started by Adam Kim

1 Aug 30, 2010
Reply by Neil Coffey

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service