French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

All Discussions Tagged 'vocabulary' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is a good way to learn vocabulary and use it?

I've been learning vocabulary (I think I know a little over 100 words), but I've realised that although I know the words, I find it difficu…

Started by Jodie-Mary Smith

4 Jul 4, 2016
Reply by Stevo

Free French word searches for Windows/Mac OS/Linux

An initial version of French Word Searches for desktop was released earlier today. It is free to download from here:   http://www.french-l

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Dec 7, 2012

French Word Searches for iPad

Readers with iPads may be interested to know that I have just released a new French Word Searches app for iPad. The game obviously contains…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Nov 1, 2012

The French Quiz: don't forget your French this summer!

Yes I know, you lazy lot: you're surely far too busy thinking about your impending caravanning holiday in Birkenhead and your French gramma…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Jun 27, 2012

Help with french essay please

I've written a french essay about fashion. Please help me by correcting any mistakes! Le weekend, quand je reste à la maison, je porte un j…

Started by Soffie Wong

4 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

moods and personalities

I just made a list of all words I could think of that describe moods and/or personalities and I was wondering if those of you who have the…

Started by R. Laurent

4 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by R. Laurent

Neither... nor....

In French how do you say 'Neither__, nor__'   I want to say "When I am older I will neither smoke nor drink" Would that be 'Quand je serai…

Started by Alice Hunnington

6 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Erwan

Pour reserver une table

When making a restaurant reservation, I generally say, "Je voudrait reserver une table pour deux personnes....." Is this what an actual Fre…

Started by Adrienne Buskard

6 Oct 1, 2010
Reply by Adrienne Buskard

sensible

The French word sensible may be deceptive to an English reader. It essentially has two meanings: "likely to feel/sense", "capable of being…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 May 10, 2009

versatile

To English eyes, the French word versatile looks innocent enough. After all, in English, one would talk about, say, a versatile musician. B…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 May 7, 2009

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service