French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

stu harris's Discussions (396)

Discussions Replied To (388) Replies Latest Activity

"Yep, Josh, you're going to fail. Shouldn't "Marbaya" be "Marbella"?"

stu harris replied Mar 20, 2012 to please someone translate this for me; im going to fail my french :(

1 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by stu harris

"I'm surprised you allowed embarrassant. I would have thought gênant was more colloqu…"

stu harris replied Mar 19, 2012 to Quick skit grammar look-over please?

6 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by Lanfeust

"Oh, yes, there are lots of alternatives: J'aimerais avoir... Je vais prendre... Je…"

stu harris replied Mar 17, 2012 to Voudrais vs. vouloir

23 May 14, 2012
Reply by Eva-Britt Sullivan

""je voudrais" means I would like. "je veux" means I want. Thus, both would be easil…"

stu harris replied Mar 17, 2012 to Voudrais vs. vouloir

23 May 14, 2012
Reply by Eva-Britt Sullivan

"Can pendant also mean while, when constructed as pendant que? We think of it as duri…"

stu harris replied Mar 12, 2012 to How do you know when to use Si, Alors, Ainsi, Donc

8 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Does alors have a secondary meaning as while? J'ai acheté des carottes alors que j'…"

stu harris replied Mar 11, 2012 to How do you know when to use Si, Alors, Ainsi, Donc

8 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

"OK, but I translate in the other direction so (as long-term members here will know)…"

stu harris replied Mar 9, 2012 to Could someone please check my translation? Thanks!

5 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

"In many places you've written amie when you mean aime. Le nom de mon frère est Alai…"

stu harris replied Mar 8, 2012 to Could someone please check my translation? Thanks!

5 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

"The words are Sirvente (Occitan) or Serventois (French) and Enuig. Both are lyric fo…"

stu harris replied Mar 7, 2012 to differences between the two words...sinentes and enueg..both are music terms..thanks in advance

1 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by stu harris

"Actually, I'm not sure about that. I don't know enough about the process of engravin…"

stu harris replied Mar 6, 2012 to Turgot/Bretez Plan de Paris 1734

7 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service