French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

je souhaite apprendre bien le Français, mais c'est dificile. Je bosoin d'étudier tous les jours. j'ai un ami ici sur le forum. il a m'aidé avec l'écrire et le vocabulaire; il est très gentil. son nom est Frank.

Je suis de Brésil. Je travaille avec l'Anglais, J'en parle bien. Je enseigne l'Anglais en Brésil. Maintenante, je vraiment veux parler et ecrire le Français. Ce site est très bon pour practiquer.

Si vous puvez, corrigez mes erreurs, s'il vous plait!

à tout l'heure!

Rony

Views: 276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is typo ' bosoin'
Salut Rony,

Voici une correction :

Je souhaite beaucoup apprendre le français, mais c'est difficile. J’ai besoin d'étudier tous les jours. J’ai un ami ici sur le forum. Il m’a aidé avec l'écriture et le vocabulaire ; il est très gentil. Son nom est Frank.

Je suis du Brésil. Je travaille en anglais et je le parle bien. J’enseigne l'anglais au Brésil. Maintenant, je veux vraiment parler et écrire le français. Ce site est très bien pour s’entraîner.

(well, since I'm in the opposite situation and trying to learn English, here's an attempt at an English translation, it would be great if you could correct me as well:

I really want to learn to speak English, but it's difficult. I need to study every day. I've got a friend here on the forum. He helped me with writing and vocab. He's very nice. His name is Rony.

I'm from France. I'm working in French and I speak it fluently. Now, I really want to speak and write English. This web site is very good for training".
)
Frank

It is usually ' I would like to learn French; however, it is difficult.

Je souhaite apprendre le français, mais c'est difficile.

Does the above French words tantamount to the English words ' I would like to learn French ...?

I think your wording stand for 'I wish to learn French ...
Please tell me.
Hi Crack,

"Je souhaite apprendre le français" means "I want to learn French".

Of course using the conditional would be perfectly correct as well: "Je souhaiterais apprendre le français" (I'd like to learn).

Using the present emphasizes the fact that you really want to (or maybe need to) do something.

The conditional is either more polite, or means that this is something you planned, but maybe you didn't jump into it yet.
Frank

Je voudrais apprendre ...

How about the above form?
"Je voudrais", "Je souhaiterais" and "J'aimerais" are roughly equivalent.
Frank

In Christmas I will tell you the following:

Je vous souhaite un Joyeux Noël.
I wish you a Merry Christmas.

So it is my understanding the word 'souhaite' means 'wish'.
Being a native speaker of French you know the nuances of French.

Depending on the context, the word 'souhaite' has the meaning of 'want' too.
Am I correct?
Comment allez-vous, Frank!

Merci beaucoup pour la correction. J'apprends avec ton aide.

J'ai un doute. pourquoi n'est par correct utiliser le verbe avoir avec la mot "besoin", par exemple:

J'AI BESOIN...

outres choses: 1. quand je dois utiliser "à" avec lieu et "au" aussi; 2. l'adverb "vraiment" viens auparavant de verbe, "je vraiment veux...". est que c'est régle functionne ainsi avec tous les verbes?

continuez la correction, s'il vous plaît! ah, ton Anglais est très bon!!

au revoir!

Rony.
A few comments:
- J'ai besoin de... is fine
- as a general rule, au is used with masculine countries, en with feminine countries, and à with countries that are islands
- in general, French doesn't allow adverbs (or anything else) between the subject and the verb, so the order is je veux vraiment
- exception: a special class of semi-word called clitics come between the subject and verb, e.g. je le veux vraiment, je ne peux pas le faire-- but apart from the subject pronoun, this is essentially similar to Portuguese, I'm guessing?

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service