French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this so please be kind!

Would it be possible to provide me with translations from English to French for the following phrases?

'Bearing Liner' (for spherical metal bearings)

'Will the bonding of our liners be done by the customer?'

'Will the spherical bearing metal turning be done by the customer?

Thank you all for any help you can give! I'm meant to be doing a french conference call in the afternoon and I'm struggling to make sense of some of these words!

Lily

Views: 128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that :

"bearing liner" means "coussinet de palier"

'Will the bonding of our liners be done by the customer?' means "la liaison/l'accouplement de nos paliers sera-t-elle réalisée/faite par le client ?" or "Le client se chargera-t-il de sceller les paliers?"

'Will the spherical bearing metal turning be done by the customer? means "l'usinage de nos rotules en métal sera-t-il réalisé/fait par le client?"

I've got a doubt about the meaning of "liner". Is it really "palier"

Erwan -- I thiiiink "coussinet de palier" is OK. However, it might be clearer to say "la garniture du coussinet/des coussinets".

It's way outside my fields of expertise, though!

P.S. A trick when you're translating this kind of terminology can sometimes be to look the (English and French) terms up on Google Images and see if (a) the images seem to generally coincide for the English and French terms, and (b) if you find any diagrams showing the corresponding terms, so you can see if the French and English terms appear to be labelling the same thing in the respective diagram.

Thanks Neil.

It's exactly what I've done. I've used the online reverso translator too. I've no doubt with "bearing liner" but "liner" seems a bit tricky for me.

This terminology is way outside my knowledge too.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service