French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Je ne me rappelle pas l'annee exacte de la greve a l'usine de Kitchner ou travaillait Monsieur M.

I cannot recall the exact year of the strike at Kitchener where Monsieur M. has been working.

Merci!

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Je ne me rappelle pas l'année exacte de la grève a l'usine de Kitchner où travaillait Monsieur M.

I cannot recall the exact year of the strike at Kitchener where Monsieur M. has been working.

Maybe it should be "travaille" if he is is still working there. Or "a été employé"

"travaillait" seems to imply that he no longer does.

The sentence talks of a past narrative about the history of Canada. "Travaillait" was the exact word. Well, anyway, thank you again, George..

had been working?

I think "had been working" might   imply  that he "had been working" prior to a particular event or time.

I don't know the context to this  sentence.

What about just "worked " or "used to work" ?

Since there are no auxiliary words to designate he "had been" or "has been" doing anything, I think that the Kichner factory was just where Monsieur M "worked".

Simple past construction is often used in writing where it may not be so commonly used in speaking.

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service