French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

All Discussions Tagged 'French' (56)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spotlight: How to say 'will' in French

It sounds a simple question in principle: how do you say "will" in French? This French grammar article looks at various different ways to s…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Dec 11, 2012

Free French word searches for Windows/Mac OS/Linux

An initial version of French Word Searches for desktop was released earlier today. It is free to download from here:   http://www.french-l

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Dec 7, 2012

best strategy for learning French as a fifth language

I'm an American graduate student in international relations, and I would like to study French for professional reasons. I am nearly fluent…

Started by Ryan Boudwin

1 Nov 12, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

French dictionary has 1,000 new pronunciations

Users of this site's French dictionary may be interested to know that I have added 1,000 additional pronunciations to the dictionary. Esse…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Nov 11, 2012

French Word Searches for iPad

Readers with iPads may be interested to know that I have just released a new French Word Searches app for iPad. The game obviously contains…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Nov 1, 2012

French president says "non" to homework

I wonder how many students will disagree with this suggestion. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/10/french-president-proposes-ban

Started by Neil Coffey

1 Oct 19, 2012
Reply by Peter En

A linguistic research on French — native speakers' help needed

[UPDATE: thanks everybody, I've already received several replies, so I don't want to take anyone else's time and so I close this discussion…

Started by Maksim Fedotov

0 Oct 14, 2012

Free copies of Utter French! app

I have some free copies to give away of the Utter French! pronunciation app for iPhone. If you have an iPhone then redeem one of the follow…

Started by Neil Coffey

1 Oct 12, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

How to type French accents

The question comes from time to time as to how to type French accents in Windows. A few tools have sprung up on the web, but I just want to…

Started by Neil Coffey

1 Sep 10, 2012
Reply by Remy Martin

What French phrases would you like to see included in Utter French! iPhone app?

I'm looking for suggestions from people for French phrases they'd like to see included in the site's Utter French! pronunciation app for iP…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Aug 24, 2012

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service