French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

alan gould's Discussions (500)

Discussions Replied To (223) Replies Latest Activity

"I'm very grateful for your responses which are always very helpful, so you're welcom…"

alan gould replied Jun 1, 2013 to faire parvenir v. envoyer

4 Jun 2, 2013
Reply by Chantal Savignat

"In your example about missing the train, I would translate "en/de plus" as "and then…"

alan gould replied May 28, 2013 to starting sentence with "le plus" or "en plus"

11 May 28, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"Thank you for informing us that "Le Plus" is a proper name which we couldn't have kn…"

alan gould replied May 27, 2013 to starting sentence with "le plus" or "en plus"

11 May 28, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"the dictionary has "en plus de cela."  I assumed "en plus" was just a shorter way of…"

alan gould replied May 27, 2013 to starting sentence with "le plus" or "en plus"

11 May 28, 2013
Reply by alan gould

"thank you as always, chantal.  since you say the difference is very slight, i won't…"

alan gould replied May 22, 2013 to privilégier

3 May 22, 2013
Reply by Vedas

"thanks, Chantal.  I was studying "bilan" and came across "dresser un bilan" with reg…"

alan gould replied May 17, 2013 to to compose/write up an agreement

3 May 17, 2013
Reply by Chantal Savignat

"I found the answer.  the reflexive is used meaning "to reach a decision" so you have…"

alan gould replied Apr 26, 2013 to décider v. se décider

2 Apr 26, 2013
Reply by Neil Coffey

"Key in "French cartoons with English subtitles" on Youtube.  easier sentences/vocabu…"

alan gould replied Apr 23, 2013 to Learning French from the Radio

16 Apr 24, 2013
Reply by Jon Head

"the dictionary has it as "I'm sorry to..." so I was thinking that someone might use…"

alan gould replied Apr 22, 2013 to "il m'est pénible de ..."

3 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Yannick

"i only hear "blemish" used as a noun.  other than the polite way of referring to acn…"

alan gould replied Apr 21, 2013 to endommager v. abîmer

2 Apr 21, 2013
Reply by alan gould

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service