French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

Linguistics (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How Are "Loan Words" Spoken in French?

While studying French, I have found that many English words have found their way into French.  "Block" (city block), "iceberg" (iceberg), "…

Started by Terry Martin Wert

3 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by Christine

question about familiar verb form

I'm a writer with an embarrassingly basic question about the the use of the familar verb form.  Years ago, I did study French in school, bu…

Started by Richard

6 Jun 10, 2012
Reply by Christine

Is anyone really bilingual?

Elsewhere on this forum, I mentioned people who have been brought up bilingually, but who have spent vitually all their lives, apart from h…

Started by Jean Dervin

6 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by Christine

What do you think about Machine Translation?

If you've visited the home page of the French Dictionary recently, you may have noticed that I'm currently running a poll to find out peopl…

Started by Neil Coffey

0 Jun 2, 2012

Educator

irregular verb endings

I have noticed that these 4 commonn verbs have the same ending in the 3rd person plural. Faire  , avoir , etre,  and aller( ils font  ,ils…

Started by George Hunt

3 Feb 27, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

Pronunciation of Jet'aime?

Hey y'all, I know there are people from all over the world that go to the forum. Any French folks here? I am having a friendly argument wit…

Started by David Middleton Edelen II

11 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Charles D

French Survey for Linguistics Research

Hi everyone!I am a student in Texas and am conducting a survey on the acquisition of pronominal forms (tu and vous.) The survey does not ta…

Started by Cameron R

0 Feb 10, 2012

I and Y in French

I see certain relationship between these two characters in French (both are i, although one is i Greek), similar pronunciation: roi, Geoffr…

Started by Robert Johnson

3 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by franci.discendum

Quick check, if you have a few minutes...

This is a screenplay. VO is voiceover. Its originally in english, and to be honest, my french is extremely limited, but I'm attempting to d…

Started by Jeebz

0 Jan 29, 2012

Correspondence

Hi I'm french, I live in Montpellier (southern part of the france) and I would like to talk with someone who wants to learn more french. Li…

Started by arnaud bazille

6 Jun 23, 2011
Reply by Vrushali Vasant Sukhi

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service