French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Grammar (1,947)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Literary Ne,used without the pas

can anyone tell me the origin of the literary use of ne without a 'pas' after the following verb in mainly literary situations

Started by dAVID sebire

2 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Frank

Eviter

Eviter de manger trop de gras. I read the above in an advertisements on France 2 channel. Does it mean avoid eating a lot of fats or avoi…

Started by Crack1

7 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Frank

Nous sommes ...

1.Nous sommes lundi aujourd'hui. 2.Nous sommes lundi. [ Today is Monday.] For some strange reason French uses the phrase ' Nous sommes ..…

Started by Crack1

5 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Frank

Frisking

They will frisk you and the baggage at the airport. Frisking people is common at airports. -----------------------------------------------…

Started by Crack1

7 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Crack1

QCM

Ella a vu toutes les pieces de theatre qu' elle avait.... a. voulu b. voulus c. voulue d. voulues Quel est le correct choix? Merci

Started by Steve Hajdu

3 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Frank

french history

the resistance agent is coming out of a train station and has to go through a french police barrier; his valise with a radio transmitter is…

Started by isabelle hayes

2 Jul 22, 2009
Reply by isabelle hayes

L'inde

1. J'ai été en l'inde. I have been to India. We use the present perfect tense even if you visited India 10 or 50 years ago. My question i…

Started by Crack1

15 Jul 22, 2009
Reply by Neil Coffey

How do I say "I'd prefer to talk in person. No hurry"???

To someone who is female, 30 and a friend. Your help needed!!!! Thank you

Started by Barney

3 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Barney

Just to clarify re Form of past participle agreements

Hello There! Just to clarify re Form of past participle agreements... Would "What kindof pasta did she cook for herself? be: Quelle sort…

Started by wendy White

14 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by wendy White

Words and Phrases

Hi everyone. I am doing a website conversion English to French and needed to convert single words and phrases primarily for the site templa…

Started by Jack Richardson

4 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Marc Vonhalmen

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service