French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Dictionary / Vocabulary (234)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bien fait vs bien joué?

Bonjour tout le monde! :-) I think I've seen this mentioned somewhere before, but would somebody be able to clarify exactly what is meant…

Started by Amy Wallington

4 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Benoît

Interesting Sentence Starters For Writing Stories

I've found that when the teacher assigns us an imaginative writing task, my stories tend to sound repetitive because the majority of my sen…

Started by Darren

2 Mar 18, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

Chanson intime

A French marching song includes the lines En écoutant le rythme De la chanson intime I think they are saying that they are listening to the…

Started by Louis Sander

0 Mar 13, 2012

biges from beige?

"Biges" is slang for "long moustache. 2 prong pitchfork". The shape of the long prongs resembles the long hairs of moustaches. Is it possib…

Started by john welch

10 Mar 4, 2012
Reply by john welch

Educator

Vivement

In internet chat I keep seeing sentences beginning "Vivement...." For example, "Vivement le weekend prochain!" From the context this obviou…

Started by stu harris

3 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by lamys araktingi

y'a

When I use translate.google.com, it often suggests that I want "y'a" instead of "y a". For example, if I enter Il y a un chat sous le lit.…

Started by Dwayne Roberts

2 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by stu harris

Very difficult technical language. Help!

Hi Everyone, I am new to this so please be kind! Would it be possible to provide me with translations from English to French for the follow…

Started by Lily Hampson

3 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by Erwan

What is the French equivalent of Main Street in US or High Street in UK?

Thanks.

Started by Robert Johnson

8 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Robert Johnson

Some words in Française but to be used on a website

Bonjour!   I have little bit of a problem... I need some words/phrases translated into Française but I need to use them on a website. So li…

Started by Farda

0 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by Osita Nwaneri

Social media / internet vocab help

Bonjour, It has been many years since I was in France and my vocabulary has not kept up with the modern age of the Internet. As such I do…

Started by Lee Marzetti

8 Jan 17, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service