French Language

Discuss and learn French: French vocabulary, French grammar, French culture etc.

French Vocab Games app for iPhone/iPad French-English dictionary French grammar French vocab/phrases

For the latest updates, follow @FrenchUpdates on Twitter!

French Dictionary / Vocabulary (234)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spotlight: Christmas vocab in French

Well, it's getting to that time of year again. As you're making last minute CD purchases on Amazon, trying to determine whether Auntie Caro…

Started by Neil Coffey

5 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Neil Coffey

Laquelle de ces phrases est la meilleure à votre avis?

Bonjour à tous! Je suis en train de préparer un exposé sur la région Languedoc-Roussillon pour un examen oral, et là j'hésite entre deux ph…

Started by Amy Wallington

3 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by George Hunt

talking about euros

Really basic question but how do you say 1.5 euros in French? Also, what are the former 'centimes'? eg 0.75? How would you say that in Fren…

Started by Dinah38

4 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Nausikaa

What is the equivalent of "espace"?

I've looked up this word and haven't found an idiomatic American-English equivalent for it when it is used as a place/location name, such a…

Started by T Huang

2 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Charles D

fils de Vierge, arachnidéene and even gossamer

Bonjour, I am in the middle of translating piece of prose I wrote some time ago and am stuck on the last line which has to have a poetic, o…

Started by Gary Timbrell

4 Sep 10, 2012
Reply by Gary Timbrell

Send it by Courier

I have been asked how a colleague in France can send some rather large parcels to an exhibition I am organising in Brussels. I want to tell…

Started by Gary Timbrell

2 Aug 22, 2012
Reply by Gary Timbrell

Talking about the Olympics in French

I posted a list of French vocabulary for talking about the Olympics which has been updated for 2012. But... do people have any recommendat…

Started by Neil Coffey

1 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Christine

Translation of "driveway"

I would be most grateful to get a good translation of  a home "driveway."  The best I can come up with is une allée, but that doesn't seem…

Started by Michele Morin

11 Jul 16, 2012
Reply by Michele Morin

Tips to increase french vocabulary in a short period of time.

I am  a beginner and i want to learn to write and speak french fluently. thank you. Aide-moi sil vous plait.

Started by Chinmaya Dighe

7 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Charles D

How to say "not until..."

Bonjour tout le monde! Hi guys, I would like to know if you know how to say something to the effect of "not until (this), (that happened)"…

Started by Gustaf Drevin

3 Jun 5, 2012
Reply by cesare Brocco

RSS

Follow BitterCoffey on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Neil Coffey.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service